BENEFITS OF ESKRIMA
December 5, 2017
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
There are many benefits beyond the obvious self-defense aspect of Filipino Martial arts. Some benefits are in the list below.
• Weapon skills (without waiting years)
• Edge awareness
• Hand speed (Comes from swinging heavy sticks all day)
• Timing (Again comes from swinging sticks all day)
• Dual hand coordination (Day 1 you will wield two weapons)
• Weapon flow
• Interchangeability (Can easily switch from weapon to
• Learn short blade weapons (Knives, karambit)
• Long blade weapons (Bolo, machetes, other Filipino Blades)
• Improvised weapons (pen, short pointy stick, keys, etc)
• Blunt-edged weapons (Sticks, hammers, batons)
• Disarms (empty hand Vs. Weapon or weapon Vs. Weapon)
• Empty hand combat Includes hands, knees, elbows, kicks
• Dumog Filipino style grappling, arm locks, throws, etc.
• Weapon draws (Quickly drawing your given weapon)
• Defend against larger and stronger opponents. (Use of weapons to give you the edge)
• Much More
December 2017 (1)